Once a player has achieved a noble status of Viscount, they are entitled to hire unaffiliated NPCs as their personal guards.  In order to do so, they would have to appease the NPCs. Each NPC has their own individual stats and be categorized into ranks based on their Growth Potential. Each point in Growth Potential allows a Personal Guard to gain more Attribute Points with each level up. 
Most NPCs are considered Common-ranked. Only NPCs who have combat experience or have innate magical properties will be ranked higher.
- Common Ranked Personal Guard possesses a Growth Potential Stat of 0 to 30. Typically players do not accept such NPCs
- Bronze Ranked Personal Guards possess a Growth Potential Stat of 31 to 50. Typically players will usually possess guards of this level. There have a 20% chance of clearing their Tier 3 Promotion Quest. 
- Mysterious-Iron Ranked Personal Guards possess a Growth Potential Stat of 51 to 70. This type of NPCs tends to be rare.
- Secret-Silver Ranked Personal Guards possess a Growth Potential Stat of 71 to 80. Players who obtain such guards would treasure them as precious manpower.
- Fire-Gold Ranked Personal Guards possess a Growth Potential Stat of 81 to 90. There are as rare as a phoenix's feather. There have a 50% chance of clearing their Tier 3 Promotion Quest. 
- Dark-Gold Ranked Personal Guards possess a Growth Potential Stat of 91 to 100. If such guards are developed well, they will become powerful resources. They have the potential to reach Tier 5.
- Epic Ranked Personal Guards possess a Growth Potential Stat that exceeds 100.
Considering the difficulty to get a higher rank of personal guards, most players carry out long-term observations. However, since the stat isn't revealed until matters between the two have been confirmed, it depends on the player's luck as well.
When a personal guard dies, they can be resurrected via a few methods. A common method is the use of four items: Soul Flower, Flower of Life, Water of Life, and 3,000 Gold. There are also special tools and items that allow for the resurrection of personal guards.
As Personal Guards were NPCs, they required far more EXP to level up than players. If players frequently brought their Personal Guards when they went out to grind, this would only hold back the NPCs’ growth rate.
If players wanted to let their Personal Guards level up and improve quickly, they had to let these Personal Guards accept quests at the Adventurer’s Association on their own. However, money was required when Personal Guards accepted a quest. Moreover, depending on the rank of the quest, the fee would also change. Although these Personal Guards would receive money, EXP, and other rewards after completing the quest, the player would receive none of it.